Supply Chain Manager
Kansas City, MO
Supply Chain Manager
$100 - $125K plus bonus
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Supply Chain Manager. This person will be responsible for effective and successful development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and will ensure the Warehouse and Purchasing functions are completed according to established policies and procedures. They will support the recruiting, hiring and training of new employees and work closely with stakeholders to set and/or implement policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and service delivery. The Supply Chain Manager will communicate customer issues with the operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Purchasing Department policies, procedures, and planning.
- Assists the Operations Manager and Finance in developing short and long-term goals and plans.
- Assists with budgeting.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate-wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for Purchasing Operations.
- Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and service delivery.
- Establishes guidelines for requisitions and inventories.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost effective administration of Purchasing functions.
- Researches and oversees vendors to ensure that supplies, equipment, and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced, and delivered timely.
- Establishes and maintains updated lists of alternate vendors.
- Continually evaluates vendors/suppliers and makes formal recommendations quarterly.
- Maintains a vendor/supplier evaluation system.
- Oversees inventory procedures and controls.
- Ensures that inventory levels are appropriate, secure, and accurately recorded and verified.
- Directs receipt and storage functions.
- Meets established inventory requirements.
- Ensures that ordering processes and related recordkeeping and documentation are accurate and effective. Ensures that all purchase orders, leases, and maintenance agreements are current.
- Ensures that purchasing problems, errors, or discrepancies are promptly tracked and resolved.
- Oversees mailroom functions and courier services and ensures they are completed accurately and timely.
- Directs vehicle use and maintenance.
- Oversees warehouse management processes.
- Manages lease agreements related to equipment.
- Ensures that purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, suppliers, and trade professionals.
- Serves as a liaison between the Company and its vendors.
- Maintains long-term productive relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Ensures that the Company's professional reputation is maintained.
- Effectively supervises Department personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures and discusses areas needing improvements.
- Trains, directs, and coordinates personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel.
- Directs the productivity of the entire Department to ensure total quality service and accomplishment of bottom line requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Assists and supports departments with all purchasing processes.
- Keeps production advised of key changes of schedule in materials due.
- Informs managers of any new sources of supplies, including those with new prices and options.
- Keeps the Operations Manager informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Provides recommendations to improve purchasing operations and policies.
- Completes required reports, records, and other documentation as required.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes special projects as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- BS Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience with high volume warehouse logistics in a leadership role
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge of WMS and MRP systems.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.