Sr. Accountant - $65-85k
Kansas City, MO 64105
Kansas City, MO
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Sr. Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting with the financial responsibilities for the company.
- Assist with managing daily bank activity, reporting balances and fund transfers, etc.
- Prepare 52 week cash flow forecast for management on a weekly basis.
- Timely and accurate assistance in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP including reporting package, intercompany and consolidation activity
- Responsible for postings to the general ledger including journal entries, and reconciling accounts monthly including responsibility for accurate month end and year end closing procedures
- Assist with various bank reporting requirements
- Assist with developing budgets and analyze and report performance activity measured against these targets
- Assist with implementation of SAGE Fixed Asset Software.
- Maintain and report GAAP and tax information for fixed asset accounting records
- Analyze and learn the business and determine profitability by business segment including training and explanation with internal managers regarding reports and analysis.
- Provide information for sales with gross margins by segment, customer, part number, etc.
- Analyze, develop, and report on various metrics to help drive performance in various business segments including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, etc.
- Establish and monitor internal control procedures
- Assist with all audit and tax requirements as the business may experience
- Oversee, analyze, and assist with the accuracy of charges posted on the general ledger for both intercompany and external customers.
- Accurately download information from MRP system and develop meaningful reports and analysis of activity
- B.S. in Accounting
- 2-3 years of business experience
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies, and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Knowledge of GAAP financial and accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Advanced skills in MS Office Excel, Access, and SQL/Crystal Reports (or equivalent)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and opportunities and implementing responsive strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Preferred experience in Manufacturing, Cost accounting, MRP system, SQL Reporting, Crystal Reports or equivalent, Consolidating Financial Statements
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.