Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
$95-105k plus 5% bonus
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help pour client find their next Senior DevOps Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the health of the organization s Azure infrastructure. You will act as a bridge between the support and the development team defining, analyzing, and documenting source code branching and release strategies. The Senior DevOps Engineer will design and develop system monitoring solutions to minimize system downtime. In this role, you will gain a depth and breadth of business and systems understanding across the entire systems portfolio including, cloud architecture, SQL Azure, database optimization, and healthcare network adequacy analysis.
- Define and standardize automated build and deployment best practices for the Agile application teams
- Aid application teams who are leveraging the automation and monitoring tools for continuous improvement of application deployments and monitoring
- Develop automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to Windows platforms
- Design and build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Participate in reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and ensure consistent implementation of new systems
- Participate in incident management and communications, including follow-up with problem resolution, post-mortem, and process improvement along with other leads
- Support application development teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Help improve and expand the coverage of deployment automation
- Constantly research new technology and techniques that will benefit the team, the company, and its clients
- Build custom tools and instrumentation to ensure service availability
- Automate the creation of development, test, performance, and live environments
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management or Continuous Integration Technology (e.g. Python/C#/Java, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Microsoft PowerShell, TFS)
- 5+ years experience with Windows Server (2016 preferred)
- 1+ years experience installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and networks
- Experience in troubleshooting complex system issues (network/database/OS/storage/application)
- 3+ years experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- 2+ years experience with relational databases, data warehousing, and data modeling (SQL Azure, MS SQL 2014 preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 2+ years experience with monitoring tools and technologies (you will help to research and select monitoring tools)
- Experience working on support teams where issue resolution timing is critical
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to easily identify changing priorities
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- An ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.