Senior Accountant - $65 - $85K
Kansas City, MO 64120
$65 - $85K
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to help our client find their next Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing the accounting functions of the company in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as assisting leadership with internal and external reporting. The Staff Accountant will have exposure to many aspects of the accounting function.
- Perform the activities of accounts payable and receivable, ensuring the accurate and timely management of components such as billings and collections, cash receipts application, bill payments, new vendor/customer set-up, reconciliations, etc.
- Assist in the completion of the activities of payroll, including but not limited to, the accurately paying of employees, submitting 401(K) contributions to the plan administrator, remittance of payroll taxes to government agencies, expense reports and reporting of PTO balances.
- Perform general bookkeeping, journal entries, account reconciliations and general month-end accounting duties.
- Assist in the completion of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as necessary, to reconcile actual financial results and operating activities of the business compared to the plan.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar
- Proficient in Oracle NetSuite preferred
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.