Project Accountant - FP&A Manager - $75 - $95K
Tampa or Miami, FL
Tampa or Miami, FL
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client in finding their next Project Accountant. This position will be responsible for job cost reporting, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, contract analysis, assisting in the month-end close, and other financial analysis and reporting as required. This position will partner with Operations to help drive a successful bottom line performance. In coordination with the entire F&A team, this position is responsible for adherence to the Division’s accounting principles, procedures, practices, reporting and compliance requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports that summarize and forecast the Division’s business activity and financial position in regard to income and expenses and budget/forecast versus actual performance.
- Analyze financial reports for variances from forecasted, budgeted, and benchmarked performance and provide explanations and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Preparation, evaluation and accuracy of Division’s budgets, forecasts, and other financial operating reports.
- Prepare and evaluate trend analysis based on contract performance and Divisional operating results.
- Participate in a wide range of financial analysis projects and compile a variety of reports on metrics for Operations on key business drivers including Productivity and Diversity Spending.
- Collaborate to establish and implement Best Practices and consistent processes/methods to benefit the entire organization.
- Establish and maintain relationship with customers, continuously working to improve billing and contractual financial reporting provided
- Actively participate in the improvement and maintenance of DSO
- Manage local billing team
- Review and monitor customer contracts and gain thorough understanding to accurately reflect change orders.
- Review and report cost accruals for committed costs.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations on performance against bids.
- Review operating expenses and provide recommendation to management on ideas for cost reductions.
- Ensure proper revenue recognition for the Division.
- Participate in Information Technology systems interface and act as the Functional Lead for key projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of financial experience
- An advanced designation is a definite plus.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and computer literacy.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Must be able to think creatively but be a detail oriented person.
- A self-starter with high energy and the ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Some travel will be required.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.