Human Resource Manager
$75K - $85K
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing over the next two weeks
The HR Manager manages the day-to-day operations of HR and provides support to both manufacturing and administration. Responsibilities are in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), payroll management and processing, performance management, employee relations, training and development, labor relations, safety, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment. Manages, directs, and evaluates organization's programs regarding the recruitment, development, and retention of employees. Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies. Selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook and company rules and regulations.
Manage OSHA and workers compensation tracking and reporting.
Manage automated timekeeping system to track work hours and attendance.
Monitor and track vacation requests and performance reviews.
Assist with payroll administer and process weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Communicate affirmative action plan; file EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintain compliance with collective bargaining agreement.
- Facilitate grievance process.
- Participate in labor relations negotiations.
- Maintain HRIS records and compile reports from database.
Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices in HR and payroll
- Independent thinking, strong organization and planning ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop short and long term plans
- Proven ability to effectively lead, develop, motivate and mentor, supervisors, individuals and teams
- Labor Relations knowledge of the National Labor Relations Act and ability to effectively manage labor relations
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and to groups of Associates
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have considerable knowledge of principles and practices in human resources and payroll, as well as effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree and at least 4 years of human resources generalist experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy required.
- Knowledge of Kronos timekeeping system and PayCor HRIS a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
Bell & Associates, Inc. Was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.Forbes.Com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab: overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. Is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.