HR Manager - Bilingual
Greater Madison area, WI
$75-85k plus bonus
Greater Madison, WI area - relocation assistance is available
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next HR Manager. The Site Human Resources Manager creates a vision for moving the site forward by implementing best practice HR initiatives. Partnering with site leadership ensures a positive and cohesive employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle. This includes strategic workforce planning for the location, implementing creative recruitment strategies, coaching, and developing leaders, promoting talent development along with day to day HR administrative functions. Additionally, this role will work with corporate HR leadership on the development and implementation of HR initiatives and projects relative to best practices.
- Develop relationships and provide HR Business Partner support to site leadership team with particular focus on driving the site talent strategy, including coaching on employee relations, developing internal talent and recruitment. Lead HR related conversations and initiatives
- Establish trusting relationships with hourly employees, including interacting with them in the production and processing facilities
- Provides leadership to the HR Assistant, coaching and delegating as appropriate
- Ensure proper coaching of managers to improve employee performance and engagement. Resolve employee relations issues to include conflict resolution, harassment investigations, wage complaints, employee disputes, attendance issues, general questions and progressive discipline
- Facilitates the completion of required safety training. Ensures the compliance for OSHA inspections and other audits. Tracks accidents and investigates complaints as necessary. Manages worker’s compensation claims appropriately
- Develop and facilitate an onboarding program that ensures that new employees are welcomed and are prepared to be successful in their role
- Ensure compensation is in alignment with plans and process bi-weekly payroll
- In cooperation with the leadership and corporate HR teams, identify future resourcing needs and proactively identify options to close potential resource gaps
- Define site recruitment strategy and drive the recruiting process for hourly positions in the region including using social media, attending job fairs, contingent workforce solutions, etc.
- Manage the performance management process, and support employee development programs
- Coordinate and support the training needs and training planning activities with the leadership team
- Maintains all employee records and HR data within the state’s legal guidelines
- Work with broader HR team on a wide variety of global HR initiatives and projects across multiple HR disciplines, including, but not limited to: compensation, diversity and inclusion, governance and policy, change management, talent management, performance management, HRIS, and acquisition integration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5– 10 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR/SPHR certification is desired
- Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish
- Knowledge of HR laws and pending legislation
- The ability to make procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Works effectively in a team environment
- The ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports and to plan
- Ability to set and implement site-level HR strategy
- Operational knowledge of payroll policies, regulations and procedures and a working knowledge of the benefit plans, insurance and retirement policies, regulations, and procedures
- PC skills to include: MS Office software, such as Excel and Word, and other internal management and Human Resources systems is necessary.
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.