HR Director - $120-160k plus bonus and perks
Overland Park, KS
$120-160k plus bonus and perks
Overland Park, KS - Relocation assistance is approved.
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been retained to recruit our client's next HR Director due to an upcoming retirement. Our client is one of KC's most iconic restaurant brands with rich tradition and national recognition. This is a hands-on yet executive HR role instrumental in driving future growth and writing the next chapters of this company's great story.
The HR Director will develop, maintain, and administer Human Resource related programs, processes, and policies that contribute to the effective, legal, and profitable operations of the company. This person will be in charge of maintaining all aspects of company culture, governmental and legal compliance, employee relations, employee benefits, and related safety regulations.
- Cultivates, maintains, and spear heads all aspects of the companies Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Responsible for finding, cultivating, and developing talent both internally and externally.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company team members.
- Maintains awareness of new and existing legislation to ensure company’s legal compliance.
- Acts as primary contact with outside legal counsel.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Analyzes current compensation information to determine company’s competitive position in the marketplace.
- Works with the Accounting Department to ensure compliance with payroll process including garnishments, benefit plans, vacation, and bonuses.
- Member of Executive Leadership Team, which includes involvement in decisions that affect processes throughout the entire company.
- Creates and monitors the performance evaluation system and makes revisions as necessary.
- Composes and revises employment policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all government regulations.
- Oversees all aspects of benefits administration (Health and Dental Insurance, 401K, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Emergency Fund, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability) to include analyzing claims and plan information provided by benefits vendors and brokers.
- Suggests plan changes in order to maximize the benefit plans effectiveness for both employees and the company.
- Resolves benefit issues with vendors.
- Assures all employer benefit plans comply with current legislation.
- Advises Executive Leadership Team on key issues and events and provides feedback about important matters and concerns.
- Advises and works directly with Operations Management to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on employee related matters.
- Oversees the processing of unemployment claims and appeals.
- Coordinates and assures OSHA program compliance.
- Monitors worker’s compensation claims and act as liaison between employee and insurance company.
- 10+ years of Human Resources Management experience.
- 3-5 years of C-Suite Human Resources experience
- Degree in Human Resources from a four-year accredited college. Master’s degree or PHR preferred.
- Restaurant, Hospitality, or Retail experience required.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.