HR Business Partner
$125 - $150K
Overland Park, KS
Interviewing over the
next two weeks
Bell & Associates
has been engaged to help our client find their next HR Business Partner. They are growing by leaps and bounds.
Currently, there are 240 employees and they will, at least, double in size by
2023. This role will report to the President and work directly with the
The HR Business Partner is responsible for the development and
execution of human resource (HR) plans to support division leadership in the
achievement of business objectives. This person will perform management level
HR work and carry out responsibilities in several functional areas of HR. This
position is a member of the Leadership Team and will lead all HR related
activities including the development and execution of strategic action plans
and the coordination of HR resources needed for the implementation of HR
programs. This position will lead and manage the HR staff and work under
minimal supervision by the Division President.
participates in developing, executing, coordinating or communicating human
resource plans in the following areas:
- Workforce planning
- Talent acquisition
- Training and development
- Succession planning
- Work and organization design
- Performance management
- Culture assessment and development
- Employee relations & coaching
- Compensation administration
- Assists in identifying critical HR goals
and success factors; develops related actions
- Develops and executes HR plans, leads and
manages HR staff and performs generalist and recruitment functions, as
necessary. Acts as coach to leaders to foster high-performing teams and
positive morale across the business. Works in a collaborative fashion with
all levels of management and staff.
- Cultivates a partnering relationship with
management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective.
Establishes open and trusting relationships. Engages productively and
proactively in business discussions.
- Performs role as change agent for
implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Develops and executes
- Advises management and professionals on
the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures. Seeks
to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies.
- Analyzes and provides advice to
management on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
- Assures HR programs are carried out in accordance
with company s policies and procedures. May propose improvement to
policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human
resources and operations.
- Partners with HR specialists on HR
processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation,
supervisory training, succession planning, and performance
- Engages HR specialists effectively and
proactively as needed.
- Delivers presentations explaining HR
programs and initiatives.
- May provide guidance and direction to HR
specialists to ensure understanding of group s structure, industry,
market, policies, etc.
- Manages involuntary terminations and
reduction-in-force activities as needed.
- Identifies and assesses improvement
opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement
efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated
with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages
and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor s degree required.
- 8+ years progressive HR experience in one
or more functional areas.
- HR Certification
- Broad basic knowledge of all functional
areas in HR.
- Strong understanding of HR programs,
policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Strong understanding of division
administrative policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of management
consulting and professional services industry, market, technology,
business model and metrics.
- Good understanding of Management Consulting s
- Strong prioritization skills, situational
adaptability and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Basic financial acumen to understand key
financial indicators and recognize profitability and revenue
- Global perspective of common business
practices and impact on business.
- Strong human relations skills, including
ability to influence and negotiate.
- Good leadership ability (team building,
coaching, mentoring, change management, advising.)
- Strong problem-solving skills (identify,
analyze, research, evaluate, resolve.)
- Excellent conflict management and human
relations (written, verbal, client service) skills.
- Basic understanding of Human Resource
- Excellent collaboration and communication
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list
of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting
& Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the
following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive
Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information
Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top
talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.