North Little Rock, AR 72113
The Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst is responsible for the planning, forecasting and analysis activities of the company. The FP & A Analyst generates reports, analysis, and commentary to assist in the execution of the company’s business plans, including recommendations to improve results. This position evaluates the financial implications of planned activities and alternatives contemplated by the leadership team and prepares timely daily, weekly, and monthly reports to assist management in improving company operations. The FP & A Analyst participates with the leadership team in setting the vision, goals, and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts annual budgeting and forecasting. Develops timeline to meet due dates, coordinates detailed preparation activities, performs qualitative reviews of all information submissions, and facilitates final review and approval of forward-looking projections.
- Assists in the analysis of Sales and Customer trends and profitability. Monitors trade finance expenditures and communicates results to the management team.
- Reviews and analyzes activities and costs related to Supply Chain, Product and Packaging costs and Logistics, working in conjunction with Operations.
- Prepares performance measurement and analysis reports such as KPI Trackers, Scorecards, Headcount reports, Dashboards and Cash Flow to assist the leadership team in effectively executing the company’s business plans, working in conjunction with the Accounting, Human Resources and Operations team. Ensures timely preparation of these reports and provides insightful analysis and, where applicable, make recommendations regarding actions which could be undertaken to improve results.
- Assists in the preparation of required reports for the Board of Directors and constituents of the company. Supports and participates in meetings with various constituents of the company (vendors, customers, service providers, etc.)
- Participates in improving the company’s reporting systems to improve the timeliness and efficiency of generating information used throughout the company’s various functions. Works with Accounting and IT to implement automated systems and reporting where possible to handle company growth.
- Provides competitor and market information and intelligence. Monitors trends in relevant markets and provide commentary or analysis as appropriate to assist the leadership team in identifying future business opportunities and threats.
- Assists in the due diligence process and the analysis of potential acquisitions including the preparation of pro forma business models.
- Analysis and evaluation of capital projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA or CMA designation
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Advanced Excel, ERP systems experience and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
- Prior experience in budgeting and forecasting in a complex business environment.
- Familiarity with automated financial analysis and budgeting software.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial accounting and reporting standards.
- Strong analytical, project management, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong business acumen and a willingness to make recommendations to improve results and influence team members across the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the organization at all different levels and in various functions including Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.