Director of Financial Reporting
Overland Park, KS 66210
Director of Financial Reporting
$120-150k plus 10-20% bonus (80% based on company performance / 20% on
Overland Park, KS
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Director of Financial Reporting. The Director of Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of monthly financial reporting for the board of directors, quarterly financial reporting for debt compliance, and the audited consolidated financial statements. This individual will also prepare the annual corporate budget and have oversight of the accounts payable process for four business units in addition to oversight of accounting for all corporate ledgers. This role is responsible for compliance with all new accounting standards.
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process and prepare the monthly financial reporting package, which includes analysis of all business units and preparation of consolidated financial statements, to be delivered to senior management and the board of directors. Conduct in depth analysis of each business unit to explain variances between actual results and budgeted results in addition to prior year results.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting to financial institutions to ensure debt compliance, including preparation of consolidated quarterly and year to date financial statements and MD&A disclosures.
- Preparation of the annual budget for corporate holding company ledgers.
- Preparation of all audited financial statements / reports (currently three reports) for the external audit and serve as the point of contact to the external auditors. Ensure audits are completed on time via regular status updates and monitoring each business unit s progress.
- Review and implementation of all new accounting guidance, including revenue recognition and lease accounting.
- Assist in the closing of corporate holding company ledgers, including preparation of journal entries, intercompany eliminations, and review of reconciliations.
- Oversight of the accounts payable process for 4 business units, including review of voucher packages and loading of payment files for 2 business units.
- Provide financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions and other ad-hoc financial projects. Review of acquisition details with the ability to interpret in order to assist with purchase accounting.
- Participate in strategic and operational initiatives by providing financial support, analysis, and recommendations.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting.
- Six + years of financial reporting experience, public accounting background preferred.
- High level of knowledge of US GAAP and external reporting processes. SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and implementing revised or new accounting standards.
- Experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- Strong financial reporting skills with a detail-oriented focus to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize large, various, independently generated data sets into a cohesive analysis; comfort with complex spreadsheets and large data sets in order to create consolidated financial statements.
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders and business partners.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines in a fast paced organization and achieve desired results.
- Self-directed individual who works well with teams.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with a variety of finance, accounting, and business software systems. Systems may include enterprise financial systems, financial reporting systems, or other accounting systems (Microsoft Navision, Great Plains, SAP, Oracle, Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Regular attendance and overtime as required.
- Minimal Travel is required (5-10%)
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.