Director of Finance and Accounting - $130 - $160K plus bonus
Sioux City, IA
Director, Finance & Accounting
$130 - $160K plus 30% bonus, will relocate
Sioux City, IA
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to help our client find their next Director of Finance and Accounting. The Director, Finance & Accounting is primarily accountable for the overall integrity, completeness and accuracy of the financial results and safeguarding of plant assets. Additionally, this position collaborates with ownership on all financial and business planning matters and works with internal and external stakeholders including owners, executive officers, business associates, customers, vendors, and employees in matters requiring exemplary communication, interpersonal, technical and problem solving skills. By partnering with operations, this position will provide timely and comprehensive financial leadership to the plant management team. This role is responsible for managing facility level accounting activities and providing leadership to a team of plant accounting employees responsible for GAAP based financial reporting, internal controls, cost/yield accounting and other facility level accounting activities. This role reports to the COO.
- Develop and maintain a strong internal control structure and related policies and procedures designed to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, reports and special analysis including preparation of operating and capital budgets, forecasts and comparisons to actual results
- Comprehensive financial and accounting leadership to the plant management team.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department and related functions including general ledger, inventories, and other payables and yields to ensure accurate and timely recording, processing, and reporting of all financial activity.
- Prepare, monitor, review and analyze period closing process for plant operations and related reports, identifying errors or areas of concern and making recommendations to resolve.
Perform additional management reporting such as: operational analysis, flux analysis, financial review, and the development of management reports as requested.
- Participate in management meetings to provide input on costing, expenses, capital investments and other financial matters related to existing or developing products and customers.
- Proactively identify opportunities that can make a contribution outside traditional sphere of influence, including working actively with plant operations on improvement activities and assisting purchasing and maintenance departments to effectively manage inventory balances.
Provide day-to-day leadership to a team of accounting professionals to ensure highest levels of service.
Provide coaching and career development opportunities to ensure continuous improvement of the team; facilitate and implement training and education for team on various subject areas.
Respond to financial questions from both internal and external customers
Assist in the preparation of financial presentations for board of directors and other external stakeholder meetings.
Serve as the primary agent of the company for all finance and accounting related issues, including the management of the annual external audit and ongoing collaboration with internal audit requests.
A bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university in accounting, or a related discipline if accompanied by significant experience in accounting.
8+ years accounting/finance experience including experience as a financial leader with responsibility over a GAAP based financial reporting process.
Experience in food or related manufacturing, plant production, inventory, costing and supervisory experience.
Must be resourceful, self-sufficient and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and employees. Must have the ability to influence and persuade others.
Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files and procedure manuals.
Must be able to effectively communicate with candidates, hiring managers and others within and outside of the organization.
Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations.
Must possess strong analytical and metric-based skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagram, written and/or verbal form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Public accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
Bilingual skills a plus.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.