Corporate Accountant - $50 - $55K
$50 - $55K
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to help our client find their next Corporate Accountant. The Corporate Accountant will assist the Controller with management of assigned financial information and prepare financial statements for business units in a timely and accurate manner while creating a positive working environment. The incumbent may be expected to provide support and oversight of additional accounts, reconciliations, reporting and processes outside of select units, as defined and established by leadership.
- Ensures all financial records are maintained in compliance with company's policies & procedures.
- Analyzes and reconciles any accounting discrepancies and ensure accurate and timely monthly and annual G/L close.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- Prepares financial management reports and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepares month end journal entries and P&L corrections.
- Analyzes and reconciles balance sheet activity including FF&E, depreciation, loans, escrow, and equity accounts.
- Assists in the analysis and explanations given to outside ownership entities.
- Assists in the preparation of documents and analysis for annual audit.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience.
- Experience in multi-unit real estate/hospitality accounting environment a plus.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and business intelligence and reporting tools.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel (mid-level preferred).
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Clear understanding of General Ledger concepts.
- Ability to work with deadlines and take a creative approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.