Controller - $100-130k plus 4-9% bonus
$100-130k plus 4-9% bonus
North Kansas City
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Controller. Our client works hard, but they also value a healthy balance between work and life. They offer a choice of quality medical plans and a great dental plan, with company participation in paying your premiums. In addition, the benefits include a competitive paid time off program and generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 25 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. They offer many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives (think health fair and gym fees reimbursement) to life insurance (both company-paid and supplemental) to educational assistance (think tuition assistance and no-cost-to-you industry education courses).
The Controller performs full-charge accounting functions and supervises numerous other functions such as investment transactions, some of which are confidential and complex in nature. The Controller is also responsible for development of accounting staff, productivity monitoring, and development and evaluation of recommendations for improvements to systems and departmental operations.
- Manages month-end and annual financial statement preparation and processes, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in the process.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual regulatory financial filings.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Provides and coordinates accounting staff with training
- Develops detailed cross-training structure with process and procedure documents updated periodically to achieve goals and objectives of the department.
- Has a high level of knowledge regarding the functionality of the general ledger system, accounts payable system, electronic filing systems (Statement PRO, NAIC, AM Best internet filing, NAIC OPTins) and creates a learning environment for these systems to the rest of the department.
- Utilizes computer and related software effectively.
- Interacts with state insurance regulators regarding various financial filings, audits and other issues.
- Coordinates with outside auditors regarding annual and periodic audits.
- Bachelor s degree (B.S./B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university
- Industry related certification (CPCU certifications)
- Industry Education and Experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, AIAF)
- 15 years accounting-related experience
- In-depth knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles applicable to insurance companies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel functions and ability to create efficiencies using Excel and working knowledge of Word, email and other pertinent systems.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.