Compensation and Benefits Manager
Overland Park, KS 66210
$80 - $95K
Overland Park, KS
Interviewing over the next two weeks.
Our client has engaged Bell & Associates to help them find their next effective, proven human resources professional for the position of Compensation & Benefits Manager. The ideal candidate will be a natural go-getter, hands on, and could work in a fast-paced environment while taking pride in attention to detail and staying on top of trends in Compensation and Benefits. This individual will have an opportunity to:
- Work flexibly and creatively to establish and continually enhance the compensation function
- Serve as the in-house subject matter expert on benefits and compensation programs within the company and work closely with various internal stakeholders at all levels
- Manage the day to day administration of the benefits and compensation department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Evaluate, and modify compensation and benefits policies to ensure programs are in line with market practices, competitive, and in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Partner with insurance providers, brokers, and other benefit vendors to ensure best services and fees.
- Ensure all statutory required reporting is accurate and timely filed, as well as internal reporting.
- Manage the administration of compensation programs, including the annual salary administration process, bonus programs, commission payments, etc.
- Participate in and conduct both exempt and nonexempt salary and/or benefit surveys to ensure a competitive Total Rewards structure. Maintain and recommend updated pay structures and/or benefit programs based on market data.
- Oversee organization job descriptions; assist HR Generalists and Managers in writing and/or updating job descriptions to reflect position requirements and responsibilities. Review requests for job classification review and make classification/pay level recommendations.
- Develop, monitor, and work within approved benefits and compensation budget.
- Assist other functional areas of HR as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all labor and benefit laws and stays current on regulatory changes.
- Track all incentive programs as launched by internal business leadership and ensure timely payment of incentive bonuses.
- Partner with third party vendors, HR staff on all leaves of absences including Short-Term Disability, FMLA, and Worker s Compensation claims.
- Monitor and ensure the accurate payment to all employee on an approved leave of absence
- Manage the accommodation process in close partnership with outside counsel as appropriate
- Prepares and/or participates in government filings, plan audits, and other tax-reporting requirements as necessary.
- Creates ad hoc reports and prepares data for compensation and benefits analysis for all levels of the organization.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual headcount for management.
- Audits compensation, retirement plans, and benefits data
- Participates in the development and validation of HR information systems and participate in the applications strategy for the HR function
- Maintains multiple vendor relationships including service levels and related data interfaces
- Enters, maintains and ensures integrity of data in HRIS
A Bachelor s degree in a related business field preferred
Human Resources, Benefits, or Compensation Certification is preferred
5+ years experience gained through increasingly responsible positions in human resources, compensation, and benefits with a minimum of 2 years management experience
Minimum of 1 year experience in the design and hands-on administration of base pay and incentive compensation programs
Experience in a multi-state 500+ employee insurance, financial, or service industry office environment is desirable
Knowledge of federal laws and regulations related to the administration of compensation and benefit programs; required knowledge of compensation theories and practical applications
Proficient knowledge of automation support tools used in the HR field
Significant knowledge of benefit administration and benefit structure
Significant knowledge of job description creation and job grading methodology
Highly developed interpersonal skills, organizational communication skills and conflict resolution techniques
Ability to provide direction to staff in terms of development, training, and coaching
Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Ability to be both proactive and flexible
Proficiency in UltiPro HRIS system preferred
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Continual learner and improvement mindset
Proven time management skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Bell & Associates, Inc. Was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.Forbes.Com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/6/#tab: overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. Is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.