Billing Specialist - $18 - $19/hr
$18 - $19/hr
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Billing Specialist. This position is responsible for assisting in the completion of accounting and financial reporting to support the Finance & Accounting Department to ensure that on-going reporting requirements are met with a high standard of excellence. This position is also responsible for job setup, processing daily production, the tracking of unbilled revenue, invoicing customers timely and accurately, reconciling customer payments and integrity of accounts receivable records.
- Review, and post work-in-progress revenue journal entries to the general ledger, ensuring recognition of revenue is supported with proper documentation
- Act as the lead for job setup (creation and coding of new job #s in our accounting software, Spectrum)
- Update/maintain pricing tables (used for unit-based billing) in our accounting software
- Generate customer invoices in accordance with contract requirements and internal SOX controls
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets to reconcile billing and payment discrepancies
- Ensure unbilled revenue is reported properly with required field documentation and support
- File all revenue reporting and invoicing with proper supporting documents
- Work with field personnel and customers to resolve billing discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree and 2+ years of related experience or bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Experience with Spectrum or other enterprise accounting software a plus
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various financial data and have a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Effective, oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and be computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel – ability to work with pivot tables, formulas such as V-lookups
- Organized, detail oriented with reconciliation skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and prioritize duties as well as on team projects
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.