Kansas City, MO 64108
$70 - $80K
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing in the next two weeks
Our client has engaged Bell & Associates to help them find their next Benefits Manager. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day benefit operations including implementation, administration and communication of the Company s health & welfare, pension and 401(k) plans. This person will ensure that plans are administered consistent with company objectives and strategy and ensure that all plans are in compliance with federal and state regulations. This is an individual contributor, hands-on position that will report to the Director of Human Resources and work closely with the local HR managers and HR representatives in other locations
- Manage operational aspects of associate benefits programs which may include but may not be limited to 401(k), defined contribution, and defined benefit retirement plans, medical, dental, LTD, STD, Group Term Life, Group Universal Life and AD&D insurance plans.
- Work with broker to analyze and recommend solutions for benefit programs to ensure legal compliance, cost effectiveness, equity and competitive positioning.
- Benchmark our benefit plan offerings against the marketplace.
- Make recommendations for benefit program enhancements.
- Manage the leave of absence processes ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, inncluding FMLA and ADA.
- Provide ongoing administration on the calculation, reconciliation and tracking of premiums/plan expenses and invoice payments.
- Manage annual open enrollment process including development of communications materials, coordination of information sessions (as required), and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS and with benefit vendors.
- Assist with benefit enrollment and communication for all new hires.
- Work with HR Director on implementation of new plans and changes including preparation of announcement material, booklets and other media required for dissemination to associates
- Advise and counsel staff on existing benefit programs.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of ERISA and other regulatory requirements.
- Work with broker and Finance department to prepare various reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Gather/disseminate pension and benefits related statistics as requested by HR Director, Finance Department, broker, vendors, auditors, and/or external actuaries.
- Perform periodic review of benefits and census records to ensure accuracy of information.
- Calculate/verify defined benefit pension benefits for retiring and vested terminated associates; prepare correspondence in response to inquiries; collaborate with external actuary on verification of calculations; assure payments are started appropriately; assist with and research questions relative to the Plan and the retirement process.
- Maintain working knowledge of legislation affecting benefits programs and make proactive recommendations to HR Director on possible updates or enhancements.
- Work with HR Director to develop an effective communication strategy and training materials to ensure that our benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by US staff.
- Manage the company's compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including 1095-C reporting
- Develop/maintain health management/wellness programs
- Collaborate with HR generalists on the entry and maintenance of benefits related information to HRIS system and personnel records.
- Work with unions to support and maintain records and enrollments in union plans as necessary.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related major required.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or equivalent designation a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of experience working with health & welfare, 401(k), and defined benefit retirement programs is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws regarding benefit programs is required.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Experience with multiple and different benefit plans by location and employee type a plus.
- Must possess proven project management skills including but not limited to excellent planning, time management, decision-making, presentation and organization skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly proficient with spreadsheets, databases and HRIS management tools. Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required; knowledge H&W platforms is a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical, consulting and influencing skills with the ability to interface with all levels within an organization.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Minimal domestic travel required.