Accounting & Finance Manager - $70-95k plus bonus
Blue Springs, MO
$70-95k plus bonus
Blue Springs, MO
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounting & Finance Manager. Our client is a recently established Minority and Veteran Owned business with executives and officers that have significant business management, manufacturing, and industry experience. The Company currently has manufacturing/warehousing facilities and offices located in three Midwestern states; Missouri, Arkansas and Nebraska.
The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting, cash management, inventory control and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of activities including efficient use of cash and borrowings, account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, borrowing base certificates, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Maintain timely and accurate cash flow reporting, including the use of a Line of Credit, receipts from online sales, borrowing base reports, etc.
- Establish and maintain control of inventory for a multiple location environment.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Accounting Duties include A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, Tracking Operating Expenses, Processing Payroll
- Champion the annual budgeting process and monthly reporting and forecasting, working with operations managers.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and assist in the year end audit.
- Help design, Populate and distribute weekly “dashboard” reports of key indicators.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills transferrable to all areas of accounting and finance.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Maintain excellent judgment and ability to think clearly during busy times and (or) when working in intense situations or with intense individuals.
- Enter conversations with a solutions-based attitude, offering “fixes” not “failures” in problem-solving conversations. Maintain a helpful frame of mind; offer useful thoughts and ideas that can advance a situation for organizational learning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance, including with inventory in a manufacturing environment.
- Systems Experience – QuickBooks, Microsoft Office software, and inventory systems.
- Working with sensitive accounting information, documents, and reports. Must maintain the highest level of accountability with confidentiality.
- As the entity grows, oversee other accounting resources.
- Seeking a professional that is detail-oriented and organized, able to multi-task effectively, work independently and with teams, and is dependable.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.