Accounting Manager - $75-85k plus bonus
Overland Park, KS
$75-85k plus bonus
Overland Park, KS
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager plans and directs accounting activities for the accounting department, specifically providing all day-to-day transnational accounting duties for four business entities. This position also supports the finance team’s strategic vision and is responsible for putting into place processes and assurances that the vision is properly supported. The Accounting Manager plays an important role in ensuring the operating companies are functioning with efficiency and in compliance.
- Establishing internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
- Overseeing preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Overseeing the production of periodic financial reports, ensuring that the reported results comply with GAAP or financial reporting standards
- Assisting Finance team with tax planning throughout the year
- Auditing accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; sometimes coordinating with outside auditors and providing information needed by those teams
- Presenting recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Performing other related duties as necessary or assigned
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA and prior public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate robust organizational and time management skills
- Be proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.