Senior Financial Analyst
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Our client has engaged Bell & Associates to help them find
their next Senior Financial Analyst. The role is 50% Accounting and 50%
- Financial Statements emphasis on timely
and accurate assistance in the preparation and analysis of monthly
financial statements in accordance with GAAP including reporting package,
inter-company and consolidation activity
- Treasury assist with managing daily
bank activity, reporting balances and fund transfers, etc.
- Bank reporting assist with various bank
- Budgeting assist with developing
budgets and analyze and report performance activity measured against these
- Fixed Assets - maintain and report GAAP
and tax information for fixed asset accounting records
- Profitability analysis analyze, learn
the business and determine profitability by business segment including
training and explanation with internal managers regarding reports and
analysis. Provide information for sales with gross margins by segment,
customer, part number, etc.
- Cost accounting ensure costing accuracy
and use information to empower managers with business knowledge of costs
by part for materials, labor, overhead and outside processing to be used
for quoting new business, driving costs out of the business, etc.
- Inventory and Purchasing functions -
Manage the physical inventories for raw materials, work in process and
finished goods and establish cycle counting procedures that will maintain
99% accuracy. Ensure that inventory items are properly valued at the lower
of cost or market. Determine adequacy of excess and obsolete inventory
- Production reporting and analysis -
analyze, develop and report on various metrics to help drive performance
in various business segments. This includes capacity planning, factory
utilization and variance from standards.
- Establish and monitor internal control
- Audit and Tax assist with all audit and
tax requirements as the business may experience
- Daily billing - oversee, analyze and
assist with the accuracy of charges posted on the general ledger for both
inter-company and external customers.
- Report writing accurately download
information from MRP system and develop meaningful reports and analysis of
- Hire, train, supervise and discipline
staff as needed and directed
MRP system implementation
Crystal Reports or equivalent
Consolidating Financial Statements
Merger and acquisition accounting
and understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Knowledge and understanding of general
accounting policies, and processes.
- Knowledge of GAAP financial and
accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Advanced skills in MS Office Excel,
Access and Crystal Reports (or equivalent)
- Ability for multiple task management
- Ability to gather data, compile
information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in analyzing continuous quality
improvement needs and opportunities and implementing responsive strategies
- Ability to analyze complex information,
and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both
orally and in writing.
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list
of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting
& Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the
following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive
Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information
Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top
talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.